NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A lady who fatally shot a person who had picked her up for intercourse when she was 16 was unconstitutionally sentenced to life in jail, her legal professionals say.
Cyntoia Brown, now 29, has been on the Tennessee Jail for Girls since 2004, when she was convicted of killing the 43-year-old man,
The Tennessean studies that Brown’s advocates say she was a intercourse trafficking sufferer fearing for her life and wronged by the authorized system. Prosecutors say Brown killed the person to rob him.
Brown’s legal professionals filed a federal attraction, after celebrities together with Rihanna and Kim Kardashian West known as for her launch. Brown gained’t be eligible for parole till her late 60s, and her legal professionals argue she could not reside that lengthy.
“The half-century wait earlier than Cyntoia Brown has a significant alternative to reveal her ‘maturity and rehabilitation’ is inadequate to fulfill the minimal constitutional requirement mandated by the Supreme Court docket,” the appeals stated.
Monday’s attraction cites a 2012 Supreme Court docket ruling in opposition to life sentences for juveniles and asserts Brown’s innocence, saying she lacked the psychological capability on the time to commit homicide. Brown’s earlier appeals have been denied.
- News Breaking Stories Updates Telegraph
- Texarkana Gazette Texarkana Breaking News
- News Msn
- Archives Phillycom
- Us News Latest National News Videos Photos Abc
- Fox 13 News Fox 13 Tampa Bay Tampa Bay News Weather
- Law Order Special Victims Unit Series Tv Tropes
- Makofilesflist Public Sex Offender List Australia
- Ted Kennedy Wikipedia
- Klist Australian Paedophilesex Offender Register Mako